Job Description: PR/Communications Manager
FOREO is an innovative Swedish brand that is taking the beauty industry by storm. Selling in over 70 countries worldwide already, FOREO is experiencing exceptional growth in the realm of premium beauty solutions and has become a major contender in the industry. FOREO is present in more than 10,000 stores and selling one FOREO every 3 seconds in 2017, our design teams have won more than 100 international awards for innovation.
FOREO has an immediate need for an inspirational, talented and hands-on PR/Communications Manager to join our award-winning Tokyo, Japan team. In turn, we offer an exciting and dynamic working environment.
As the PR/Communications Manager, you should feel comfortable in a leadership role and able to drive events, campaigns and all associated relationships within the company. Your responsibilities and tasks will directly impact brand recognition while generating buzz about existing and new product lines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of PR in the Tokyo, Japan market
- Develop and execute a content-based PR strategy in Tokyo, Japan bringing FOREO to existing and new audiences
- Forge strong media relationships and be a natural storyteller. PR efforts will be content driven and highly responsive to the Tokyo, Japan market
- Run national, headline grabbing PR campaigns from conception through to execution that win national and global PR awards
- Work with the marketing team to develop an integrated PR + Marketing plan that includes a strategic mix of paid, earned and owned efforts
- Work with the marketing team and the sales force to create, build and manage events such as product launches and promotions. Event experience is an A+
- Develop relationships and strong contacts across all media channels in the Tokyo, Japan market.
- Shape global campaigns to market and roll them out across Tokyo, Japan
- Handle all day-to-day press activities, seasonal and one-off promotional campaigns and support the marketing and sales teams to generate coverage of all FOREO activities
- Must have experience with breakthrough campaigns or a strategic understanding of how to break from the norm and make a brand stand out, based on demonstrable experience
- Strategic thinking – integrate marketing and sales goals to develop press and communications strategies across multiple channels
- Experience creating content driven PR campaigns that generate measurable ROI
- Other related duties as assigned
Required/Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Liberal Arts degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of PR experience (agency or in-house) required
- Previous work in consumer product PR, preferably beauty or luxury goods
- Must have established contacts and connections with editors and various media/press outlets
- Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult customer situations with tact, empathy, and professionalism
- Ability to clearly communicate and present in Japanese, both verbally and in writing
- Adequate business level of spoken and written English to communicate among other offices/colleagues internally
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for learning about FOREO products and industry
- Ability to identify and resolve media’s needs
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to thrive in a highly visible fast-paced environment, managing multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Dedication, goal oriented and ability to manage teams to meet strict deadlines
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop or kneel
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Occasional national and international travel may be required
- Regular, predictable attendance is required and this position reports to our Tokyo, Japan office
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH**