The R&D Director is responsible for creating all the policies, plans and programs for R&D to support the overall business strategy and effective and profitable operations. The R&D Director is leading research and development teams to new and improved products and procedures. Provide knowledge and insight to the research and development team on technical activities.
- Lead the planning and execution of R&D activities of FOREO.
- Build and supervise the R&D group of scientists and associates of multi-disciplinary fields.
- Lead the continuous improvement of processes and methodologies for company’s
genomics and synthetic biology technology platforms.
- Oversee the development, validation, and commercialization of proprietary genomics
- Support expansion of company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Provide timely and proficient solutions to technical issues from various operation groups.
- Coordinate with business and functional units in Europe and other global
locations for cross-department business opportunities.
- Lead new product/technology design engineering efforts.
- Manage and own technical product specifications across the globe taking into account global variations for changing customer demands, technical measurements, and supply variations.
- Identify and implement capital projects to establish necessary engineering tools and systems.
- Develop and maintain innovative and cost effective product, fabrication and packaging designs.
- Manage team to meet projected workload.
- Provide support to Supply Chain on requisition, purchasing and routing activity.
- Driving R&D pipeline to achieve technical advanced developments/innovations into product lines.
- Collaborating with advanced engineering and R&D teams to cross-pollinate new technologies and best practices.
- Ensuring that operational working routines and documentation are updated and follows ISO9001/14001 /ISO13485/ 21 CFR 820/ SOR98/282-2015 standard.
- Other tasks assigned by superior.
- Minimum 15 years’ industrial experience in a combination of technical and projectmanagement activities.
- Solid background and expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with next-generation technology and design is preferred.
- Proven experience in leading and inspiring teams of highly educated designers.
- Strong time and project management abilities.
- Language skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Managing operating costs, capital and maintenance budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership, influence and communications skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Understood ISO9001/14001/ISO13485/21CFR820/SOR98/282-2015 management system.
If we raised your interest and you think you might be a perfect match for our company, send your motivation letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Suzhou, Shanghai